Here's how we made them:
1. Fill a large mixing bowl with warm (not hot) water, and pour in three 64 count boxes of Crayola Crayons.
2. Wait 15-20 minutes and you will see the labels start to separate from the crayons.
3. Peel the crayon labels off (it is easier if you peel the label while submerged under the water).
4. Place the crayons on a paper towel and let them completely air dry.
5. Break the crayons into small pieces (this was my son's favorite part!).
6. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
7. Place the crayon pieces into a silicone, heart-shaped mold, filing each heart to the top.
9. Remove the crayons from the oven and let them cool completely for a few hours.
10. Pop out each crayon from the silicone mold. You can mount each crayon to some cute scrapbook paper to make Valentines.
My preschooler helped me prepare the crayons, break them into pieces, and sort them into the heart molds. I love that he got to be a part of every step. We will be giving these away to his classmates during their "Friendship Party" on Valentine's Day.
Here's a picture of the final Valentine. We put the crayon in a Ziploc baggie, rolled up a coloring book, and made labels that say, "You color my world!"
Also, here are some printable directions for you to access easily!