Inside the cups are strips of paper with a class prize on it. I have included 35 free class idea strips for you, as well as a blank template for you to quickly write in your own ideas. These are prizes like "Movie and lunch with the teacher," "Teacher surprise," etc.. Many of the prizes are open for interpretation, too. ;-) Students LOVE getting to punch the cups and it's fun to see them working together as a class to earn a "punch."
1. One large 30x40 foam board (found at Staples for less than $10)
2. 35 plastic cups (I used the pastel bulk pack from Costco)
2. A pack of rubber bands
3. Different colored tissue paper
4. A hot glue gun/glue
5. PUNCH IT! prize strips
1. Lay the foam board on a hard, flat surface and evenly spread out the 35 cups. Make sure you leave enough room for your title, "PUNCH IT!"
2. Use the hot glue gun to glue down each cup in place and let the glue dry overnight.
3. Place your prize strips inside of each cup.
4. Cut the tissue paper into square sized pieces that will fit over the opening of each cup. Put one piece of tissue on each cup and secure it with a rubber band.
I have also seen a punch board used for test review. Check it out here. This teacher puts review questions in each cup and makes a game out of it. You could also use this board for sight words, punching out one extra special sight word for the week, or even use it daily as an "exit ticket" class review question. So many possibilities....
I hope you've been INSPIRED!