Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite classroom holidays, not only because it’s full of candy hearts (hello white and yellow hearts!), but because it’s often filled with the sweet exchange of kind words and love!
Every February, we do a fun My Jar of Hearts Writing Activity. While students share their final drafts, I let them enjoy some delicious Valentine’s White Chocolate Popcorn.
This sweet and salty treat is so easy to make and SO DELICIOUS!
Here’s what you need:
- Salted microwavable bags of popcorn (depends on your number of students)
- Ghiradelli white melting chocolates
- Valentine-shaped candy sprinkles
- Pop popcorn according to the instructions on the bag and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the popcorn in the mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle on the Valentine’s sprinkles while the popcorn is “wet.”
- Place it on parchment paper to dry (it will harden up as it dries – usually 15-20min.)
- Serve in cute Valentine treat bowls or bags.
I would love to hear if you try this recipe out! You can tag me @InspiredElementary on Instagram or Facebook to share your delicious popcorn pics!
Wishing your lots of love and appreciation!